Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Todds

From Janice Castro's notes

You wouldn't believe how many different ways I've seen this name spelled.  I am not sure on which one is correct.  For marriage license it's listed under Louvenia.  On the 1880 census it's Lavenia or Lovenia, couldn't tell.  She buried in Lane Cemetery in Lockhart under Luvina Hart.  Her daughter is listed under Louvinia Hart on the 1910 census living with John and Charlotte Chiles.  On the 1920 census in Alameda County, California, it's Louvenia Todd with husband Louis Todd and daughter Helen L. Todd.  On the 1930 census it's Luevenia McDaniel with new husband Eddie McDaniel and daughter Louise Todd.  (Note: I found Louis Todd on the 1930 census in Seattle and listed as divorced.  I also found him on the Seattle Passenger and Crew List for the year 1937.  He was listed as a waiter.)  On the California death index and SS death index it's Luvenia McDaniel.  With all of that I decided to go with Luvenia.  What do you think? 
 
Here are a couple pictures that Theresa shared with me and was able to then figure out who they were.  The one picture had the name Shearon Hart and the other had Luvenia and Helen on it.  I haven't been able to find out what happened to Helen Louise Todd.  


Sheraton Hart WWI Doughboy
 
 
Sheraton Hart, Helen Louise Todd, Louvenia Hart/Todd, Louis Todd

Here's something that I didn't think of before.  This Luvenia Hart had married Louis Toddand I remembered Myrtle Chiles had married a James A Todd.  I think they were brothers because I found that they were both born in Seguin Texas.  I did see a James A Todd and a Louis Todd on the 1900 census with father Lewis Todd, listed as Wd.  I never did find a death date for James A Todd, Myrtle's husband.  He might have died in Arizona or Texas.
 
I attached the information on what I have for Luvenia Chiles Hart.